Little Russel Street
Kolkata 700 071, India
Tel: +91 33 2282 3939/40/66214100
Fax: 91 33 2282 5136
Email: reservationkol@kenilworthhotels.com

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Turn off your geek mode at Bar and restaurant in Kolkata

Work! Work! Work! It was all that I could think of when I moved from Delhi to Kolkata. For months I was following the same nine to five routine with no friends whatsoever. It took a bit of time to get comfortable with the yellow taxis and the Bengali accent and slip into the true colours of the city of Joy. One fine day Chandrika asked me, “Why don’t you a hang out after work?” I fumbled and answered “Well I don’t really know the city well and who am I supposed to hang out with?” She answered “I am free this weekend and I know a great Bar and Restaurant in Kolkata so I can take you”. I instantly accepted the proposal and started to wait for the weekend.

So at last, Saturday came and Chandrika was kind enough to pick me from my flat. I asked her “Where are we going?” She gave me a really wicked smile and said have patience so I kept mum on this matter. The place where we reached was magnificent and it was called Kenilworth Hotels. She told me that this place is one of the number one hotel of Kolkata and we were about to go to Big Ben (the name seemed quite interesting).

As soon as I entered Big Ben, I could feel by the aura of the British colonial period scattered at every corner. The nostalgic music, dart board and pool table totally blew my heart away and added magic to my date with Chandrika. Head over to Big Ben if you want to go to a unique Bar and Restaurant in Kolkata.

0 comments:

Post a Comment